The past two years changed the very foundation of how and where we work. Flex office space is an emerging solution for a hybrid work model. Let’s explore what that means and how it can be beneficial for your company.
What Is a Flex Space?
A Flex Space is a workplace you can rent on a short-term basis that has a multipurpose design and is often shared between companies. Some companies may even have multiple flex spaces in a city to give their workforce location options and a reduced commute time.
How Does a Flex Space Work?
Flex spaces have open-concept layouts. These spaces typically include some core features:
- Huddle spaces for small groups
- Conference spaces and meeting rooms for larger gatherings
- Quiet areas or pods where people can go to concentrate or take calls in privacy
- Hoteling spaces that can be reserved and used as temporary workspaces
- Open lounges with comfortable seating like couches
- Shared resources such as lunchrooms and copy rooms
What Are the Benefits of a Flex Space?
Beyond their physical flexibility, flex spaces have numerous benefits for companies and their employees.
- Cost savings. By offering a much shorter lease as well as office furnishings, flex spaces are much more budget-friendly than traditional office setups.
- Shared amenities. Flex spaces have a variety of amenities, such as printing equipment, office furniture, Wi-Fi and phone services, food and beverage, cleaning services, utilities, and event spaces.
- Boosted teamwork. By arranging the office so that teams can easily sit together or meet in a huddle, flex spaces encourage collaboration.
- Flexibility. Adaptation is key. In the event your company experiences fast growth or needs to downsize, you can easily expand or scale back your workforce.
- Improved employee retention. Using a flex space and a hybrid model can help ensure employee satisfaction, which improves morale, productivity, and retention.
Remaining flexible as times change is critical for a happy and engaged workplace. If you’re looking to explore a flex office space, our team at District Offices is here to get you into the right space.