Spend a lot of time on the road? District Offices has some handy tips for smooth business travel. Check out our suggestions below!
Get Prepared: Plan Ahead and Pack Smart
Traveling can be unpredictable. Skip the stress by planning ahead. Here’s what you can do:
- Smart Packing: Invest in travel bags that are easy to pack and won’t cause trouble at security checkpoints. Keep essential items like chargers, business cards, and stationery in these bags, so you’re always prepared. This also minimizes the chances of misplacing anything when switching bags. Pro Tip: Avoid checking-in your bag if possible. This will save you valuable time and potential headaches. Pack light whenever you can and pick a luggage that will easily fit in the top compartment.
- Wrinkle-Free Wardrobe: Opt for clothes that won’t crease during transit. Rolling up your clothing or using dry cleaner bags can help keep your outfits fresh. And don’t forget casual or workout attire for when you’re off the clock!
- Document Checklist: Before your trip, make sure you have both physical and electronic copies of your itinerary, including flights, hotel reservations, car rentals, meeting schedules, and important contacts. Carry backup identification and set a reminder six months prior to your passport’s expiration. Don’t overlook the importance of keeping all your documentation in one place. Consider using a designated wallet specifically for this purpose. Keep your apps updated too, especially rideshare services. Frequent travelers may find Lounge Access and TSA precheck worthwhile investments for smoother experiences. And direct flights? Totally worth it!
Stick to Your Routine, But Don’t Forget to Indulge
Frequent business travel can take a toll on your well-being. Time changes, takeout food, late nights, missed gym sessions – over time, they’ll add up. Follow these tips to stay on track:
- Keeping fit and healthy: Many hotels have gyms, and some fitness centers allow drop-in visits. Find ways to continue your workout routine even when you’re on the road. Walking is not only a great way to stay active, but it also allows you to explore the city on foot and immerse yourself in the local culture. Take a stroll around the city, discover hidden gems, and experience what the locals enjoy in their free time. It’s an excellent opportunity to exercise and engage with your surroundings simultaneously.
- Eat Well: Keep some fruit and protein bars handy to resist the temptation of eating unhealthy snacks. And don’t forget to stay hydrated by carrying a water bottle with you.
- Keeping up with your “you” time: It’s easy to feel like you’re always working when you’re away. Stick to your regular sleep schedule as much as possible and give yourself breaks to unwind. Enjoy activities like reading, listening to podcasts, meditating, journaling, visiting museums, or whatever helps you relax. And remember to set aside time to connect with your loved ones.
Swap the Coffee Shop for a Cozy Coworking Space
Make a lasting impression by taking your clients to a prime location with fantastic nearby restaurants and top entertainment. Remember, first impressions count! Hotel rooms can’t replace your home office, but a coworking space can be a fantastic alternative. If your hotel room or the local coffee shop isn’t cutting it, drop by one of District’s convenient locations! Whether you need a hot desk, a quiet area for calls, or a private meeting space for important client meetings or team collaborations, we’ve got you covered. Our fully equipped coworking spaces are strategically located and filled with talented professionals. It’s the perfect place to seal the deal, polish that presentation, or meet those crucial deadlines. Oh, and yes, we have charging stations too!
Traveling for business in downtown DC or National Landing? Look no further! With cutting-edge locations in Farragut, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Pennsylvania Avenue, and now National Landing, we’ve got all you need to stay productive while on the move.